I cook this sauce practically the same most of times, but I didn’t post the recipe here. So here it is now. The sauce is low catb and dairy free. Don’t hesitate to try it, even if you don’t love coconuts. You will barelly sesnse the coconut taste because of sautéed mushrooms and thyme. It’s possible to use dried thyme, but fresh gives is more flavorful.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, peel and choped
- 400 g button mushrooms (brown ones are best)
- 2 cups coconut milk without additives
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- unrefined sea salt
- optionaly 1/2 tsp dried root vegetables powder
Heat a frying pan, add olive oil and onion and sautéed until translucent. Qickly rinse mushrooms with cool water, dry and slice. Add sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper into the pan, evaporate the liquid and sautéed until brown. Add coconut milk and chopped thyme leaves, optionaly also add dried root vegetables powder. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Seasone with salt and pepper and serve hot. I put it on roasted chicken breast, boiled kohlrabi and green beans, but it will be great with steak or omelette too.